Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday Talkback - What holiday movie best describes your family?

One of the best things about the holiday season is watching the classics like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, and Die Hard and arguing over which film seems to best capture the essence of your family.

For me, at times it seems like Christmas Vacation was written by people who'd taken to living in our crawl spaces and it's probably the most quoted Christmas movie among my family and friends.

So which classic best suits your family, and why?

6 comments:

  1. Definitely "It's a wonderful life". My life lacked focus before them. Made my writing my job and not a pipe-dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think any holiday film I've seen captures my family. And it's one of the reasons I've wanted to write a film that does.

    But, I constantly ask myself: Will this be funny to someone else? I'm not convinced it will be so I haven't written it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to say why.

    Muppet Family Christmas, because we are all very hyper and made of felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home for the Holidays by Jodie Foster captures what holidays are like with my relatives. It's an underrated movie, IMO.

    ReplyDelete