Place your bets - now that we have closure on Osama Bin Laden, which one of these movie adaptations do you think we'll see first?
1) A thriller about the search for Osama, following the CIA and the Justice Department over the ten-year crusade for justice. (Think Zodiac.)
2) A less sprawling thriller focusing specifically on the buildup and execution of Sunday's operation. (Think Valkyrie.)
3) A character drama about the solider who rises through the ranks until the moment of truth when he's the guy who kills Osama Bin Laden.
(Sidenote: I have this image of a grizzled medical examiner performing an autopsy on Bin Laden, and doing the whole CSI workup to the bullet hits so that he might match various wounds to the guns that fired them. Thus, he's able to conclude who really killed Bin Laden... announcing it with, "And the winner is..."
Look, my brain takes dark detours sometimes, okay?)
4) The Barak Obama bio-pic that forces on the struggles of his first term in office, ending with the Bin Laden operation as his moment of triumph.
5) The Michael Moore documentary that looks into just how cozy the relationship is between Pakistan and Bin Laden.
Also, I have to say I'm a little shocked Leno lasted ten years without once deploying the Dancing Osamas.
Everyone seems to assume it's a given that South Park is going to acknowledge Osama's death on Wednesday, so it'll be interesting to see which tact they take.
Help us Kickstart Tenspotting
3 months ago