Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Free-For-All: Happy Festivus!

It's December 23rd, which means it's Festivus, created by Frank Costanza.







Seinfeld writer Dan O'Keefe based the Costanza version of Festivus on a holiday his father invented.  As depicted in Seinfeld, the holiday begins with the display of an aluminum pole.  Then come the Feats of Strength, and most importantly, the Airing of Grievances.  During this ceremony, you are to gather your family around and tell them the ways in which they have disappointed you in the last year.

For more about Festivus, go here.

And please feel welcome to participate in the Airing of Grievances in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't make a list. So this is probably incomplete. But here goes my airing of grievances.

    First and foremost to NBC for putting Community on hiatus. How this show gets crap ratings while Big Bang Theory (the less smart/funny/good looking and cliche version of a geeky show) gets big ratings is beyond me. But dammit NBC, don't take this from me. Side note, some Community fans did a flash mob outside NBC yesterday in order to try and save the show.

    To Warner Bros or whoever is responsible for making me wait until next July for The Dark Knight Rises.

    And to....I've lost my train of thought.

    ReplyDelete