Friday, September 12, 2014

Nathan Fillion is part of a great cast for The Black List's next live reading!

I did not get to attend the previous Black List Live event, which was a live reading of Stephany Folsom's script 1969: A Space Odyssey, or How Kubrick Learned to Stop Worrying and Land on the Moon. This absence was partly due to it being held during Father's Day weekend while my parents were in town, but if I'm being totally candid, even without that commitment, there is no easier way to ensure I won't attend an event than setting it downtown. You pretty much need a jury summons to force my present in that hellhole of one-way streets and impossible parking.

So if you're like me, the relocation of the next Black List Live Reading to The Ricardo Montalban Theatre in Hollywood certainly makes the event a lot more appealing.  As does the announced cast headlined by Firefly's Captain Tightpants himself, Nathan Fillion.

Crap, I kinda buried the lead there. Guys, Nathan Fillion is part of this live reading! No disrespect to the rest of the fine cast, but Fillion's charm alone would be enough to get my ass in the seat for this reading of Victoria Strouse’s 2008 Black List script THE SEEKERS OF PERPETUAL LOVE (formerly known as THE APOSTLES OF INFINITE LOVE), a comedy about 3 siblings that hit the road with a New Age ‘deprogrammer’ to save their youngest sister from a doomsday cult.

And the rest of the cast will hold their own too. Featuring...

Adam Pally (Happy Endings, The Mindy Project)
Jean Smart (Designing Women, 24, Harry's Law)
Justin Bartha (The Hangover, The New Normal)
Melanie Lynskey (Two and a Half Men, Heavenly Creatures)

Dean Cameron (Summer School)

And still at least one cast member yet to be announced who I've been assured is also a name that will have some fans buzzing.

The show is next Saturday, September 20th at 8pm. The theatre's address is 1615 Vine Street at Hollywood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90028.

General Admission is $35 and you can get your tickets here. That's about on par with most shows at the Largo (a favorite destination for other Nathan Fillion fanatics, I believe.)

Hope a lot of you can attend!

2 comments:

  1. Send me your twitter handle so get notice of your blog posts? Meg_evonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not exaggerate with your assessment of downtown and its parking situation. I've now lived here exactly two days and never have I wished more for the flying car infested world of Back to the Future II (and that includes my years in Chicago's South Loop). Thanks for the article. Now they've added Alison Brie. This is a must see!

    ReplyDelete