Sunday, November 1, 2020

CRISIS ON INFINITE TEEN DRAMAS is a hit!!

Thank you to everyone who watched CRISIS ON INFINITE TEEN DRAMAS, especially those who were there RIGHT when it dropped at 5pm. Your texts and tweets during the show and right after it ended told me that plenty of you tuned in and that really made me feel good.

If you saw my Outro, you know that I dedicated the show to my father, who is currently battling COVID-19 in the hospital. He's been on a ventilator since Tuesday, sedated, and this is obviously a very difficult time for my family. Your kind thoughts at this time have been much appreciated. Please keep them up in this very rough time for us, either prayers, well-wishes, or whatever is in accordance with your belief system. 

I was glad to see so much praise for Ben Blacker's production and Laser Webber's editing. I hadn't seen the final product until Friday and they gave that Zoom read so much production value. I'm thrilled it didn't go unnoticed by all of you because they busted their asses to make this something special. Ditto for Paul and Storm, who were responsible for that amazing "Don't Stop Believin'" music number at the climax.

The show is still available until November 8th, so if you haven't seen it, you've still got a week. Tickets are $10 here. All proceeds going to:

1) The Hollywood Support Staff Relief Fund - This has been established by the Actors Fund to benefit L.A. based support staffers affected by the COVID-19 shutdowns. I'm a Writers' Assistant on SUPERMAN & LOIS, and I'm very fortunate to have a job right now. Many of my peers aren't as fortunate and I really want to help them out with this show. Please give generously. You'll be helping a lot of future TV writers stay in the game.

2) The Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation - This is a non-profit that does legal work to protect the land rightfully owned by the descendants of former slaves as well as ecologic and economic work to sustain those properties and their communities. Basically, they help underserved families protect land that the government or rich white people want to take from them and exploit.

You can donate more than the cost of the ticket if you want. Just buy more tickets. It's not as if there's limited seating.

If  you saw the show, please keep talking it up. If you haven't seen the show, I can promise you a good time, but don't take MY word for it. Here are some of the reactions:


















































But if I'm being completely honest, this is a tweet I could never have imagined receiving just a few years ago...


Thank you all for your support. It's been an insane year and I'm lucky to have shared it with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment