Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A couple CRISIS ON INFINITE TEEN DRAMAS interviews and show details

 Hi all! I hope you're all excited for the Zoom live-read of CRISIS ON INFINITE TEEN DRAMAS, dropping tomorrow at 5pm PT.

Since some people have been confused about this, I want to make it clear that you don't HAVE to watch it right when it drops. The show will be available until November 8th. If you have Halloween plans for tomorrow, you can watch it any time this weekend or next week. Tickets are $8 + $2 service charge and the money raised will be spilt between two great charities:

1) The Hollywood Support Staff Relief Fund - This has been established by the Actors Fund to benefit L.A. based support staffers affected by the COVID-19 shutdowns. I'm a Writers' Assistant on SUPERMAN & LOIS, and I'm very fortunate to have a job right now. Many of my peers aren't as fortunate and I really want to help them out with this show. Please give generously. You'll be helping a lot of future TV writers stay in the game.

2) The Center for Heirs’ Property Preservation - This is a non-profit that does legal work to protect the land rightfully owned by the descendants of former slaves as well as ecologic and economic work to sustain those properties and their communities. Basically, they help underserved families protect land that the government or rich white people want to take from them and exploit.

You can donate more than the cost of the ticket if you want. Just buy more tickets. It's not as if there's limited seating.

I've done a few recent interviews about taking the mask off as The Bitter Script Reader and hyping CRISIS in general. Here's a round-up

1) Over at Go Into the Story, longtime blog buddy Scott Myers and I had a chat about how The Bitter Script Reader came to be, what the deal was with the Bitter Puppet, what it takes to be a good writers' assistant and more.

2) I appeared on video at Pendemic TV to hype CRISIS and also talk a little bit about my career as a reader. You can go here or just watch the embedded video.


3) I was a guest on Transporter Room 3, a Star Trek podcast. Again I was hyping CRISIS and then we turned to a discussion of one of my favorite DEEP SPACE NINE episodes, the baseball comedy "Take Me Out To The Holosuite. And we also get into how DS9 radicalized me against the George W. Bush Administration. Go here to hear the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment