Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Sorry, non-Americans, but as this Wednesday is the 4th of July, our Independence Day, pretty much everyone is out celebrating our great revolution against the Nazis that led to the freeing of the slaves.*

As such, I know that traffic to the site is going to be down most of this extremely long weekend, so I decided to postpone putting up the next video in the "12-Step Screenwriting" series.  Rest assured, your favorite puppet will be back next week, so look at this as a chance to catch up on all the writing you didn't do.

So I don't leave you high and dry, here's one of my favorite Simpsons clips, which just so happens to be related to the holiday.  Wherever you are, I hope you're having a good day.**



*Note: I went to public school and learned my history from a textbook approved by the Texas State Board of Education and a time travel episode of the Dennis the Menace cartoon, so all of that might not be accurate.

**And as David Letterman once asked Patrick Stewart, "How DO they celebrate the 4th of July over in England?"

No comments:

Post a Comment