Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Notes From a Hack

I recently discovered a great blog called Notes From a Hack. The blogger writes under the name Irwin Handleman, "Full time comedy writer. Part time Bachelor-ologist."

I really enjoy "Irwin's" voice and find that he and I are often of like minds on a subject, but as far as my readers are concerned, his on-going series "An Overnight Success Story" is a must-read. In the seven parts posted so far, Irwin talks about how his writing career started, from impressing his boss with a script she was over the moon for, to single-handedly resurrecting a dead project at Lionsgate, only realize the director brought onto the script didn't get the material. Then, he not only had to endure a cringe-inducing viewing of the film, but found his contribution completely invalidated by WGA arbitration.

This is the business you all want to be a part of, folks:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

2 comments:

  1. ha! OH GOD!! this is brilliant. and horrible. i am laughing AND crying into my keyboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following Irwin for awhile, he's a funny, funny writer ... and I don't even care about the Bachelor ...

    ReplyDelete